Why use an FMB builder?
- The FMB’s strict membership criteria and dispute resolution service gives consumers confidence when looking to use a builder.
- Our members have a minimum of twelve months trading and have passed credit checks, public record and director checks.
- All members have signed up to our stringent code of practice and have agreed to abide by our Dispute Resolution and Complaints procedure, including independent adjudication through the RICS.
- Members applying to join since February 2011 have had an inspection carried out on a job in progress.
- All members can offer build assure warranties on their work and all of our members are eligible to join the government-endorsed TrustMark scheme for tradespeople.
What is TrustMark?
TrustMark is a quality mark which operates a framework under which 26 scheme operators work in the RMI (repair, maintenance and improvement) sector, including trade associations, local government trading standards teams, and independent scheme operators. These schemes are approved to carry the TrustMark logo and recruit reputable and trustworthy tradesmen. This enables the TrustMark scheme operators to promote improved RMI sector standards, and tackle related issues such as better enforcement. All of these scheme operators are audited annually by TrustMark, to ensure processes, standards and complaint procedures are being maintained.
How TrustMark can help builders and specialist tradespeople
Provide extra peace of mind to consumers by being a member of a scheme supported by the Government, the building industry, retailers and consumer protection groups
Members’ details are searchable on the TrustMark website
Members can be found on the FMB Find A Builder matching service
Please note: The only way to become TrustMark registered is to be inspected and approved by a scheme operator. It is not possible to join TrustMark directly.